Using the motion detection feature in Webcam Surveyor
Webcam Surveyor uses advanced motion detection algorithms. It allows detecting the movement of any objects or people in the camera field of view. With this feature, you can monitor your home or office in your absence, or record all activity in automatic mode. If motion detected, the application executes predefined actions: motion capture, email and FTP alerts, run other program, play sound, open URL and capture image sequences.
Step1: Set up motion detection
To set up motion detection options open: Main Menu>Options>Program Options and select Motion Detection in Program Options dialog box.
- Motion sensitivity: To adjust the detector sensitivity, you can use the slide bar (1). The less of sensitivity, the big motion will detected. If you use the camera in low-light you need to increase sensitivity.
- Video noise reduction: Video noise can lead to false alarms. Use video noise reduction (2) if you see a lot of noise on image.
- Motion detection delay: Use (3) if you want to delay motion detection function. It can be useful when you are still in the camera view during detector startup.
- Restart motion detection trigger after: For most actions, detector triggered only once. Use (4) to reset the motion detection trigger.
- Motion detection actions: Select one of the Motion Detection Actions (5). When motion detected the application will execute these actions.
- Set mask for motion detection: For more accurate adjustment of the detector, you can exclude some area of the image. This is preventing false detections, as well as save CPU resources. To use this option click on Set Mask for Motion Detection button (6). Click on cells in the image to gray the area, where you want to exclude motions.
Step2: Start Motion Detection
To start monitoring click on Start Motion Detection button. To stop motion detector click on the Stop button.